PICTURE THIS FESTIVAL CONTEST
- Contest: The “Picture This Festival Contest” is a competition with two stages. The first stage shall take place in territories around the world. The winners of the first stage shall be entered into the second stage worldwide finals event (the “Finals”). These official rules (the “Official Rules”) apply to entrants who enter into the first stage held in the United Kingdom (the “UK Contest”). In these Official Rules, the UK Contest and the Finals shall together be the “Contest”.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Promoters and Sponsors: The UK Contest is promoted by Entertainment Networks (UK) Limited, whose address is Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London, W1F 9LU (“Promoter”). The Finals shall be promoted by the Promoter in partnership with Crackle, Inc., whose address is 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California 90232 (“Co-Promoter”), and sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sony Electronics”) as the official technology sponsor and American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines”) as the official airline sponsor (“Sponsors”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Promoter, Co-Promoter and Sponsors, Co-Promoter’s advertising and promotion agencies, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfilment of the Contest, as well as each of their parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
- Timing: The UK Contest begins on 13 June, 2016, at 10:00:01 BST and ends 5 August, 2016, at 23:59:59 BST (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win the UK Prize or Grand Prize (as defined below).
- How to Enter: In order to enter, each participant must create a new work of video content in length between 30 seconds and 7 minutes long focusing on an environmental issue, whose subject matter should be regarding positive environmental impact or progress and upload such video content to YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/) (“Content”). After you upload your Content to YouTube, you can enter the Contest here: via www.sonychannel.co.uk (http://www.sonychannel.co.uk/programs/picture/contests/enter-our-sony-pictures-film-festival#entry) (the “Contest Page”). In order to enter the Contest, you must register to become a registered user of Sony Channel UK and accordingly supply your first and last name, email address and birthdate (collectively, “Registration Data”), and supply the hyperlink associated with your Content hosted on YouTube. You will not be entered to win until you provide the Registration Data, press the “Enter the Contest” button, and obtain an acknowledgement of your entry thereafter on the Contest Page.
- Prize: The winner of the UK Contest (the “UK Winner”) will win 2 standard class return flight tickets from the UK to Los Angeles, California and 2 nights’ accommodation in one hotel room in Los Angeles, California in order to attend the Finals on 25 October 2016 (“UK Prize”). The UK Prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the UK Prize are the responsibility of the UK Winner. The UK Winner shall be responsible for ensuring that the UK Winner and any person travelling with them are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visa and travel documents. The UK Winner shall also be entered into the Finals, in which regional winners from around the world will compete for the grand prize (the “Grand Prize”), which is comprised of a US$5000 monetary award (to be paid via cheque) and a Sony 4K technology package including a 55” Sony Bravia 4K Ultra HD television and a Sony - Alpha A6300 mirrorless digital camera.
You must be present at the Finals to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Contest Entities shall have no liability for your failure to appear at the Finals for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable, are not exchangeable for cash and no substitution will be made unless Promoter, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
- Winner Determination:
UK: The UK Winner will be chosen by a designated panel of judges comprised of media industry members and environmental impact leaders and will be announced on the Contest Page on August 18, 2016, based on the creativity and originality of the UK Winner’s Content and how well the Content expresses the theme of the Picture This initiative (i.e., positive environmental impact and progress).
Finals: The Finals winner (“Finals Winner”, and with the UK Winner, a “Winner”) will be chosen by a designated panel of judges comprised of media industry members and environmental impact leaders based on the creativity and originality of the Finals Winner’s Content and how well the Content expresses the theme of the Picture This initiative (i.e., positive environmental impact and progress) and will be announced at the Finals live event in Los Angeles, California, USA, on October 25, 2016. The Finals Winner will be announced on the Contest Page.
- Submission Rights Grant: By participating, except where prohibited by applicable mandatory law, you as participant hereby grants to Promoter and Co-Promoter, their affiliates, successors, licensees, assignees and Promoter’s and Co-Promoter’s authorised designees, a perpetual, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, fully sub-licenseable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, adapt, translate, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other works, post, transmit, perform, display, publish, communicate, communicate to the public, broadcast, reformat, make available, disseminate, distribute, and/or otherwise aurally and/or visually exploit (any one or more of the foregoing referred to as ‘Use’) the entirety of the rights in and to your Content (and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity) and the other registration information that you provide, including your name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, performance, rendering, signature, silhouette, sounds and/or biographical data contained therein and/or in the registration information accompanying your Contest entry (together, your “Submission”), and with respect to any photography, video, audio or other recording of the participant or any person included in the Content in connection with any participation in the Contest or related events, in any media, manner, technology or content delivery mechanism now known or hereinafter devised, for any purpose, including, without limitation, in connection with the Contest, its administration, judging, advertising and/or publicity, and in connection with the promotion, advertising, publicity and/or other exploitation of the Picture This initiative, on any Promoter property or otherwise, without the necessity of further consent or additional consideration.
Submissions from Winners from each regional portion of the Contest shall be displayed on the Picture This website here: https://sites.sonypicturestelevision.com/picturethis/. The Promoter or the Co-Promoter may request Winners to provide their Content directly to them (and not via YouTube or other third party services) and Winners shall do so as soon as reasonably practicable following Promoter’s or Co-Promoter’s request.
- Content Prohibitions & Third Party Materials: Entrants shall not include within any Content material that is unlawful, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, discriminatory, harassing, bullying, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially, culturally or ethnically offensive, or that encourages criminal conduct, or that gives rise, or potentially gives rise, to civil or criminal liability, or that violates any applicable laws, rules, or regulations. Each entrant shall have obtained authorisation for the inclusion of any third party materials (including, without limitation, company names, logos, music, name, voice, image, likeness or other branding elements of any third party) that are included within entrant’s Content and must ensure that such authorisations allow the Content to be used for the purposes set out in these Official Rules.
- Release: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities insofar as is permitted by law from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Nothing in these Official Rules shall limit or exclude the Contest Entities' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable), or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: Contest Entities do not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Other Disclaimers:
The decisions of the Promoter, the Co-Promoter and any other Contest Entity shall be final and binding for all aspects of the Contest.
Winner accepts and acknowledges that Promoter and Co-Promoter shall not be obligated to use the Submission, or any part thereof, and that Promoter and Co-Promoter, in its sole discretion, shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Promoter and Co-Promoter shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Promoter and Co-Promoter chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
- Further Action: By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to sign any further documentation requested by Promoter and Co-Promoter consistent with these Official Rules. Awarding of any Prize shall be conditioned upon the potential winner and his/her guest, if any, signing an “Indemnity and Release of Claims” form provided by Promoter or Co-Promoter, which shall release the Contest Entities of all liability, to the extent permitted by law. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by Promoter or Co-Promoter may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential winner.
- Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone or cable lines, network hardware or software, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof, or other technological malfunctions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entrant's Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
- Governing Law: These Official Rules and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each entrant hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Official Rules and Online Page Listing Winners: For a copy of the Official Rules or for a list of the names of the Winners, please visit the Contest Page. The Winners list shall be available after the Finals are held on October 25, 2016.
- YouTube Requirements: Your entry must comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines located here: http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines. Entries that don’t comply with these guidelines will be disqualified. YouTube is not a sponsor of the Contest, and each entrant hereby agrees to release YouTube from any and all liability related to the Contest.